How to participate
Open to Air Canada webSaver and onAir email subscribers. To subscribe, visit aircanada.com. Anyone wishing to participate in the contest must fill out the online application form between November 18, 2004, and January 14, 2005, 11:59 p.m. EST. No purchase necessary. Participants must correctly answer a mathematical question at the time of the draw. For every friend (having a valid unique email address) that you refer and who participates in the game, you’ll automatically get 10 additional entries (up to a maximum of 100 additional entries) for a chance to win the prize! Referred email addresses will only be used for the purpose of verifying that the referred friends have registered in this contest and will not be added to any direct marketing list or lists or used in any direct marketing programs. Entry forms must be completed online between November 18, 2004, and January 14, 2005, 11:59 p.m. EST. Only one initial application per person for the entire contest period plus additional entries for referring a friend as described. The winner will be chosen by random draw from all eligible entry forms received. The draw will take place on January 21, 2005, at 4:00 p.m., at 5100 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West, Suite 301, Montréal, QC, H4A 3T2.
• The winner will be notified by phone or email shortly after the draw.
• In all, one (1) grand prize will be awarded to the winner and up to three accompanying persons, consisting of a total of four (4) round-trip tickets on Air Canada in Hospitality Service® (excluding charter flights and carriers having codeshare arrangements with Air Canada) from the major Canadian airport served by Air Canada closest to the winner’s residence to Las Vegas, including one (1) night stay at Caesar’s Palace Las Vegas in a standard room in double occupancy, four (4) tickets to Celine Dion’s show “A New Day” and meeting with Celine Dion in person. All arrangements must be completed no later than 45 days prior to the requested travel dates are subject to availability. Trip must be booked before December 15, 2005 and travel must be completed no later than December 31st, 2005, (no extensions will be permitted), and is subject to blackout periods (Christmas, New Year's, spring break and Easter) and flight schedules. Estimated total retail value of the prize is $7,000. Value of the prize depends on origin and dates of travel.
• Prize does not include for the winner and the accompanying persons transportation to and from the airport or between cities, meals, gratuities, room service, telephone charges, alcoholic beverages, insurance, or any other expenses not specifically mentioned. The winner of the trip and the accompanying persons are responsible for payment of airport taxes and any surcharges, and for obtaining at their own cost and carrying proper travel documentation such as passports and visas. In the case of an overnight stay dictated by the airline’s flight connection schedule, the winner of the trip and the accompanying persons are responsible for all overnight connection expenses, except for accommodation. The winner and the traveling companions must travel together at all times.
General rules and regulations
• Contest open to Canadian residents having attained the age of majority in their province of residence. Contest not open to employees, representatives or agents of Air Canada, advertising and promotional agencies and persons with whom any of the aforementioned are domiciled.
• The selected entrant will be notified by phone or email shortly after
the draw and must confirm their acceptance of the prize within 7 days. If the
selected entrant cannot be contacted, or does not reply before such date, another
selected entrant may be drawn. Before being declared a winner, the selected
entrant will be required to answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing
question and sign a release form confirming:
o compliance with the contest rules;
o acceptance of the prize as offered;
o acknowledgement of the right of Air Canada and their respective agents to publish the winner’s picture, name and address, without compensation other than the prize offered;
o all recourses against Air Canada, Caesars Palace and Celine Dion are waived.
• The prize is not redeemable for cash, has no cash equivalent, is not transferable or refundable and cannot be bartered or sold. Travel does not qualify for Aeroplan® mileage accumulation and no date changes are permitted. Air Canada is not responsible for lost, misdirected, illegible, or deteriorated entries nor for other related problems (failure of Internet server, Internet access or Internet connection). Air Canada reserves the right to offer the winner a replacement holiday of comparable value. The chance of being selected for the prize is dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrant.
• A dispute relating to the organization or conduct of the contest by a resident of the province of Québec may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec (“the Régie”). A dispute relative to the attribution of the prize may also be submitted to the Régie by a resident of the province of Québec. In such a case, the Régie will limit its intervention to attempting a settlement between the parties.
• The contest is subject to federal, provincial and local rules and regulations.
• Participants may obtain the winner’s name by addressing their request accompanied by a self-addressed envelope with sufficient postage between February 15 and March 15, 2005:
Air Canada You and I were meant to fly contest
5100 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West, Suite 301